Science, Technology & Society Studies
- Master of Arts (MA)
- 4 Semester
- Inklusive Praxissemester, Internationaler Studiengang, Vollzeitstudium
- Interdisziplinäre Forschung und Fortbildung
- Weitere Sprachen:
New developments in technology continue to influence how we communicate with each other and how we move forward and work. An understanding of the complex relationship between business, technology and society is now absolutely essential. This Master's programme is based on the idea that scientific and technological innovations, which contribute to general and individual welfare and are therefore sustainable and future-oriented, are essential for overcoming societal challenges.
The European Inter-University Association on Society, Science and Technology
The programme is a part of the European Inter-University Association on Society, Science and Technology (ESST), a network of Master’s degree programmes in similar subjects. As an ESST student you are entitled to take courses for the Master’s programme at Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt and you are entitled to consolidate their Master’s programme with a specialist topic at an ESST partner university. Furthermore, you can complete your Master’s dissertation while studying at an ESST partner university. In this instance, the Master’s dissertation must be written in English.
- A programme consisting of content from the fields of business and technological developments and societal change
- Excellent staff-student ratios
- A strong interdisciplinary and international focus
- The programme is a part of the European Inter-University Association on Society, Science and Technology (ESST), a network of Master’s degree programmes in similar subjects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant humanities, social sciences or economics subject; a degree from a university of applied sciences; another equivalent programme of study from a recognised post-secondary educational institution
- Students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, natural sciences, medical or arts subject must provide evidence of knowledge in the following areas: (1) Interdisciplinary perspectives on science and technology in society (8 ECTS credits), such as the history of technology, the philosophy of technology, the sociology of technology, technology assessment, participatory processes and citizen participation, science and technology communication, environmental systems science; (2) Methodological principles (8 ECTS credits), particularly from the fields of theory of science, philosophy or methodologies connected to a specific subject; Social science principles (8 ECTS credits), particularly from the fields of sociology, politics, law, economics, anthropology, geography, history or cultural studies
You are able to analyse problems and conflict areas in science, technology and innovation; understand the interactions between scientific and technological developments and societal change; provide insights from scientific and technological research for social decision-making and governance processes; apply your skills to strategic planning and project management and public participation processes. You can work in public administration, organisations offering research funding, professional associations, private sector companies and civil society organisations.
Autonomous Systems and RoboticsContents of the degree programmeShape the world of tomorrow today. Communications and information systems...Mehr Informationen
InformationsmanagementDas Masterstudium vermittelt Ihnen vertiefte Kenntnisse aus den Wirtschaftswissenschaften, der Informatik,...Mehr Informationen
General ManagementEntscheidungsträgerinnen und –träger handeln heute in einem dynamischen, globalen und kompetitiven Umfeld....Mehr Informationen
Technische MathematikStudienprofilNeuartige und modernste Technologien in der Industrie, Wirtschaft und Wissenschaft erfordern...Mehr Informationen
Geographische SystemwissenschaftenDas Masterstudium Geographie und Regionalforschung beschäftigt sich mit den natürlichen und gesellschaftlichen...Mehr Informationen
Anglo-German Cultural RelationsAnglo-German Cultural Relations MA at Queen Mary University of LondonFor over 100 years German Studies...Mehr Informationen
Global Management and Manufacturing (GMM)IntroductionThe Global Management and Manufacturing (GMM) programme focuses on the manufacture and production...Mehr Informationen
Political ScienceDoes diversity jeopardise the welfare state? How is political radicalisation prevented? Why are Scandinavians...Mehr Informationen